September 04, 2009

Sauteed Peaches

A recipe for the humans this time. Do you have any ripe peaches? Do you have a lot of them because you bought a basket and didn't eat them as quickly as you thought you would? Been there. I found this great recipe in an old FOOD magazine from Martha Stewart (I don't need to link to her do I? You all know who I'm talking about, right?).
Sauteed Peaches
4 peaches (medium to large size)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar (white or brown)
Cut eat peach into 8 sections. Then melt butter in non-stick fry pan on med-high heat. Once melted add sugar and peaches. Sautee for 3-5 minutes (I do 4 min). Remove from heat and serve with (or over) ice cream. Serves 4.
It. Is. So. Good. It's evil good. I have made this 3 out of 4 nights this week. Simple and delicious, one pan to clean, it's my kind of recipe. After careful analysis RJ and I have come to the conclusion that one thing could make this better......wait for it......a crushed gingersnap on top. Ooohhh... I know, right? My gift to you. Enjoy!

No comments: