November 09, 2009

A Case of the Mondays

The week isn't starting out well. I've hurt myself and I hardly ever hurt myself. Well not to the degree that I'm at the Urgent Care Center at 8am on Monday morning. I've done something to the back of my knee. That's as technical as I can get. After X-rays and examinations we are all still at a loss for the right words for my condition. "Well you did something" the Dr. said. Don't I know it.

How did this happen. It's quite the story so settle in. I got up off the couch. Yup, that's it. I stood up and I felt a twitch in the back of my knee. Like I'd tweaked something. It felt like that all day Saturday. But Sunday was another story. I couldn't walk on it. I couldn't climb stairs. I didn't realize that there are so many stairs in out house.

So to the Cambridge Urgent Care Clinic I went. And I have to say, it was so much easier (and nicer) than I thought it was going to be. My time line was as follows:

I arrived at 7:30am. Doors openned at 8am, I was 9th in line. Prescreening at 8:15am. In an office by 8:20am. Prescreen with nurse, consult with the Dr. 8:35am. Off for X-rays 8:45am. X-rays done by 9am back to clinic. Saw Dr. again 9:35am (this was the longest of my waits). Prescription filled at 9:50am. Got tea at Timmy's drive through and back to work by 10:14am.
My overall experience was a B+ (the pain brought it down from an A-) and I am very, very thankful for that. Now I'm resting and taking it slow. Maybe now I can catch-up on my blogging.

No comments: