August 08, 2006

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE...

BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 5 AND 6 PM

RJ and I had left Bauer up in the bonus room while we were having dinner. Bauer needs to start being separated from us a bit more each day as he is quite fond of our company and does not like it when we are out of sight. Who can blame him, we're hilarious!

As the dinner progresses his whining turns into whimpering and then his whimpering turns into periodic moaning and then....nothing. RJ and I come to the conclusion that ignoring him must have worked. He's probably grown tired and realizes that barking for attention will get him no where.

Then, it gets too quite. Cautiously I climb the stairs trying to stay out of sight. Our bonus room is a middle level between the 1st and 2nd floor over the garage. As I climb the stairs I get a floor level view and I'm looking for four little black paws. I spot them in the corner between the kennel and the couch. Bauer then senses my approach and he retreats with a 'I don't think they are going to like this' bounce into the opposite corner. This is his tactic of distraction. If I appear puppy cute and playful for the next few minutes, when they finally see what's been done they may not think it was me. Good Plan, Smart Bauer.

This is what I found:

The carpets dead, Damn it!

Needless to say, we were not impressed. Luckily it was only a 3 x 3 bit by the wall that can be covered with a end table or lamp. It doesn't help that our carpet is extremely tempting for the little guy and that his hound qualities are coming through more and more each day.

No comments: