October 14, 2006

Friday the 13th

I decided yesterday morning that today I was getting out of the house. I needed out. So I called my friend Amy to see if she had any interest in roaming the aisles of Michaels Craft Store. It was a rhetorical question. We met there at 11am and spent 2 and a half hours looking at potential Christmas gifts for family, friends and ourselves :o). Afterwards we went to Second Cup for a hot apple cider (it was still snowing out) and talked for a few hours about everything. A very nice outing. Then I got home watched a little TV with the pup and ordered a pizza for dinner. We decided to camp-out on the family room floor. We blew up the queen sized air mattress, piled it high with blankets and plunked ourselves and Bauer in front of the TV. We should have thought about renting a movie, because there was nothing good on. So we went to bed fairly early. We've never allowed Bauer upstairs to sleep with us, so this was a bit of a treat. He was pretty good, however I didn't sleep much. Keeping an eye open so that neither RJ or I would roll over and smother him. Bauer is a snuggler and curls up in any pocket that we create, the potential for smothering is there. I woke up once and found his head was on my pillow with me. Freaked me out. And puppy breath exhaust is not a pleasant thing. I don't know how people can sleep with their dogs every night. Then again it's taken me almost 4 years to get use to sleeping with RJ.

No comments: