January 08, 2008

Shoe salesman

Now that Christmas is over and gifts have been distributed I can show the following image.This is my Grandfather, George Arlington Smithers. Also known as 'shoe salesman, Westmount QC'. Grandpa's photo was taken for an article that ran in Saturday Night magazine. I located the photographer to see if he had the rights to the photo. He responded that he did and that the photo was going to appear in his upcoming book. Two years later it hit the shelves and I got a copy for everyone in the family. Quickest Christmas shopping I ever did!

I love photography. Especially looking at pictures of people you know in a different light. Grandpa was not snooty by any means but because he went along with posing this way, tells me that he had a silent comic side. I also love the argyle socks.

No comments: