October 10, 2008

Thankful

The past few weeks have been a struggle. For everyone. It would be quite easy to slip into a gloom and doom attitude. To stay focused I remind myself that it could be worse. Much worse. My mind keeps replaying the same scene from It's a Wonderful Life where everyone is gathered at the Building and Loan demanding their money. They are worried and scared. It's a great scene and I've always thought it one of the most defining moments in the movie. It's the end of his monologue that stays with me, when he says:
Now, we can get through this thing all right. We've got to stick together, though. We've got to have faith in each other.
Even if the worst is yet to come, we'll get through this, we'll stick together, we'll have faith in each other. I'm thankful for the strength, support and love of the people in my life. That's what makes everything seem possible, hopeful and worth living for.
Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: