March 20, 2006

Roller Coast

As a rider starts the descent down the first drop, she begins a one-minute adventure filled with various sensations of weightlessness, heaviness, and jerkiness.
That about summarizes my past week. I'm exhausted and full of energy. It's only been a week since we signed on the conditional dotted line for the house but I've never experienced such overwhelming excitement and pit-of-stomach nervousness. Everything is on-track (excuse the pun). This weekend we moved at least 50% of our stuff out of the condo to make the cozy 550 square feet look spacious and liveable. It does look great, but in someway furniture-store-showroom-floor-ish. Today we start showing our home and hoping for an offer. I am also starting to apply to jobs. I am trying to stay focused and concentrate on one thing at a time, but my mind slips to what colour I want to paint the bedroom walls, what furniture we should buy first and in what style, I think I'll let the garden grow wild and see what comes up, the decks got to be fixed soon because a BBQ is high on the purchase list, should I replace the hardware on the kitchen cabinets? There goes that weightlessness feeling again.

Other news: Congratulations to Jen on her promotion. It's been a roller coaster of a week for her too, but we know she made the right decision and that she'll do a great job. We know you're awesome Jen, it's about time others see it too!

No comments: